we made some homemade play dough a few days ago.
the kids loved it.
it was pretty easy to make...
all you need is:
2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in increments until it feels just right)
we doubled the recipe and made
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone.
- add a few drops of food coloring while you are kneading the dough (yes, your hands will look like a rainbow for a few days - unless you wear some rubber gloves.
- If it is still a little sticky, just add a little more flour.
- store in an air tight container.