Thursday, July 27, 2006

Countdown to the birthday party

I have exactly one day and a half (the party starts at 3 on Saturday) to prepare for Nathan's birthday party. Whew, what a lot of work involved. Cleaning, cooking, decorating, etc. I think I have my menu planned, unless I change anything. Keep in mind that mostly my dh's family is coming and they are Italian, hence the Italian meats. But I am planning on serving Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Meatballs, Italian Sausage (with peppers and onions), veggie pizza, corn casserole, pasta salad, macaroni salad, potato salad, fruit salad and dip, a relish tray, veggie tray, cocktail shrimp and of course birthday cake.

I have to finish cleaning the house, including cleaning out the fridge and freezer. Get the kids to clean to playroom, family room and their bedrooms, since those rooms are where they make the most messes.

I have finish shopping for the decorations and food so I can start that too. Who knew that planning a birthday party could be so much work. Every time I plan one, I think I'll never go through all that again and the next thing you know, I'm planning another one. I try not to get too fancy, but that doesn't always work either.

I just hope that everything gets down and it all turns out nicely.

No comments: