Sunday, October 01, 2006


A week or so ago, I went to a farm about ten minutes from my house. They were selling pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalks, etc. So I bought some things to make a fall/Halloween display. Loaded them up in my van, the farmer came and helped me. I unloaded the car and set up all new stuff, including a scarecrow that I bought as well. Never gave it another thought.


Two days later Rich and I had to drop off his car at the garage to fix his mirror (long story). I was following behind Rich in my van. About half way there I noticed a brown spider sitting on my dash about 12 inches from my face. No big deal to some people, but I'm scared to DEATH of spiders. Anything creepy and crawly really, but spiders are the worst for me.

Anyway, I was so freaked out!! I half thought I should call Rich and have him stop and come kill the spider for me! I knew he would think I was a nut, but the man would have stopped in a heartbeat to kill it, cause he knows how freaked I am about them. I managed to drive to the garage and jumped out of the car, leaving Nathan and Nicholas in there (LOL).

We got all the important stuff out of Rich's car and were going to get in mine, when I saw that the spider wasn't where it was seen last. I was freaked and told Rich I wasn't getting in a car that had a spider in it. All the guys at the garage were laughing about it. Rich found the spider and killed it.

Afterwards he said that it was a weird looking spider. And that he was surprised I didn't pull the car over and call him to come kill it (LOL). I said, next time, I go to the farm, I'm taking his car. So he can deal with those nasty little things.

Another spider story....

Yesterday I went down to the laundry room to wash some clothes, when I picked up a sock a spider flew out. Yes, I know spiders don't fly, but I swear this one did! So I screamed and ran out of the room. Rich wasn't home so I figured I had two choices face my greatest fear, or not do the laundry until Rich came home. I chose the first one, simply because we were running out of socks and I didn't want to wait any longer.

So I grabbed Rich's shoe (hey I wasn't going to use one of mine) and went back into the laundry room. I very cautiously picked up clothes and started throwing them in the washer, when I saw that spider again. I almost had a heart attack! I must have whacked that sucker for a full ten minutes, worked myself into a nice asthma attack. When I was done, I put the shoe on top, just in case I didn't kill it.

When my oldest son, Anthony came home, I had him go downstairs to the laundry room again. Anthony took the shoe off of the spider and wouldn't you know it, it was still alive, barely breathing, but alive. I freaked out and ran! Anthony stepped on it and picked it up and flushed it down the toilet.

Oh my God! And so ends my spider stories, boy I hope I never have another one to tell. Hey a girl can dream you know.....
Post a Comment