Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's been awhile since I've been here...

I didn't realize how long it's been since I've been on here. I took a much needed break (actually it was more like an intervention). As much as I hate posting this, because people might see my husband as some sort of mean controlling person, I'm posting it because I think I need to. A month or so ago, Rich unhooked the computer and took it off of me (he basically grounded me from it). That might seem a little extreme, but it goes without saying that I needed to have it done. I never would have been able to quit getting on the computer on my own. I was turning into a complete Internet junkie!! And I needed an intervention.

I literally, without realizing it most of the time, would spend all day on the computer. It wasn't like I was even doing anything useful with it (like homework, and research), I was just getting on and feeding a fix. It was terrible and my house was disgusting because of it. Not only that but I started to neglect my kids, as much as I'm ashamed to admit it. I hated having to get off the computer long enough to take them to their activities. And it was a struggle dragging myself away long enough to make dinner most nights - I guess I had it realllly bad!!

Once the computer was gone, I think I actually went through withdrawals. How bad is that?! So even though it took something drastic and maybe archaic in some people's opinions, to break me from my habit, I feel it was exactly what I needed. I may not be cured, but I do realize that my life doesn't revolve around the computer anymore. I feel happier about the way things are going in my life, and I really like the new direction it's taking me. Life might not be perfect, but it can be a lot better when you focus on the important things instead of what you're "friends" are doing at any/every second of the day. I feel refreshed and my kids now have a mom that makes dinner (most) nights, and spends more time with them. And my house (and I think Rich would agree) is starting to look nicer too.

So, even though some people might see Rich as some sort of controlling mean husband for taking the computer away - I see him as a very loving, caring man. He realized that I had a major problem and that I wasn't capable of handling it on my own. I'm glad he "intervened" when he did. My life isn't based on the computer anymore and I'm so happy about that.
Post a Comment