Thursday, June 16, 2011

fun summer garland

If you want a fun project that the kids can do off and on all day.....this is it.  I saw this posted on Meg's blog and have been wanting to try it ever since.  

Super Easy and So Cute, Not to mention Cheap


Bright and Colorful Garland - perfect summer time decoration

*****************************

All you need is some paper doiles.  You can use different sizes or all one size.  Walmart has them in the "wedding" aisle of their stores for a couple bucks each.

You also need some watercolor paints.


Less than $10 for a full day of crafty fun.

I say full day, because my kids started painting and then ran off for an hour or so to play.  Came back and painted some more.  Then, Nathan had a ball game so we went to watch him play and when it was over we painted some more.  It literally was an all day project - painting...playing...painting...playing.

(Ack....ignore the hole in Nathan's dirty sock LOL! - My boys are always running around outside in their socks - hence the dirt and the holes).


Later, after they dried, I sewed them all together to make a garland.

And just sew (haha,I know it's cheesy but I just had to...Ok?), we're clear....it's not easy sewing paper!



But, it came out cute.


1 comment:

Emmy said...

That is cute! Though you might have lost me at sewing ..."sew" not my thing :)