Monday, February 06, 2012

Heart Marshmallow Pops



These are nothing new, they've been around for a long time, but we have never tried making them (I usually make chocolate covered pretzels). 

My kids love marshmallows and chocolate.




Heart Shaped Marshmallows, Lollipop Sticks, Pink Candy Melts, and Nonpareils




While the candy is melting, place the marshmallows on the lollipop sticks.

To melt the chocolate, I like using a few handfuls at a time.  I stick them in the microwave for a minute or two at a time (stirring in between) on the defrost setting.  Regular settings could make the chocolate melt unevenly or get hard.






Dip the marshmallows in the melted chocolate






Sprinkle on some nonpareils




YUM!




FYI....Nathan's apron is sold in my Etsy Shop ;-)




You can also stick the marshmallow on a toothpick and dip them in the chocolate and nonpareils and let them dry and serve them without the lollipop stick...but I think they are cuter as a lollipop, especially when displayed in these cute little tin buckets.




Once they are dry, you can wrap them in saran wrap and tie a cute ribbon or yarn around them.

Super Cute and Yummy!



4 comments:

a49erfangirl said...

These look really cute!

Helene said...

Those are super cute! You know I'm totally pinning this....and then heading to your Etsy shop, right??

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Ooh, those are great! I'm hosting a Valentine's Day playdate for a few kiddos, and I was looking for a little kitchen craft to do. I think that may be perfect! I think I'll get pretzel sticks to put the marshmallows on, though.

Thanks for the great idea!

Emmy said...

Okay that is super cute and easy! How fun, love it! And the cutest helper of coure