Saturday, November 10, 2012

7

 
 
After seven months on Nutrisystem, I have lost a total of 28 pounds so far.
Not too shabby in the grand scheme of things

This week I thought I would take some time to answer some readers' questions that have been sent to me through email and facebook.  I've been getting alot of questions from my personal friends and readers that have either started the program or they are thinking about starting it.  And some are just curious about my progress.



First of all, congrats to you for making the decision to get healthy! I'm so proud of each and every one of you....I feel overwhelmed by all the support and love from all of you....You inspire me!

 
Secondly, it is a tremendous honor to have so many of you write to me and tell me that I inspired you to get healthy and lose weight....Wow...little ole me, an inspiration? - words can't describe how that makes me feel - seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart for believing in me and allowing me to share my story with you.

 
Ok, so what is the #1 question that everyone asks...

How does the food taste?

I have said this more than once, it's all a matter of perspective and taste buds.  I can't tell you how many times I heard someone say...so and so tried Nutrisystem and they thought the food tasted awful, or like cardboard, or whatever.

Personally, I love it (and I'm not just saying that because I work with Nutrisystem).

Here's the thing you need to remember...everyone has different taste buds.  Some people hate fruit and love veggies, other's dislike veggies but love fruit.  You might like meatloaf with tomato sauce or you might like your meatloaf with gravy.  You may or may not like spicy food.  You might despise chocolate (although why you on earth you don't like chocolate is beyond me), but you love sushi.

You get the point I'm trying to make here, don't you?

What one person may love, another may hate.

I can stand here and tell you that I love everything (but truthfully, there are some things they make that I don't like).  It's not up to me to make that decision for you.  You won't know for sure until you try it on your own. Although, I'm sure you would find something you would love out of their numerous choices.



#2
How do you reward yourself when you reach a mini goal?

This is a good question.
Not only do I reward myself but Nutrisystem does too.
Nutrisystem has these cute little beanie like bears that they send you for every 10 pounds you lose.  Even if you aren't a big stuffed animal person, I can guarantee you will love getting these bears...it's like a visual you can see of all the hard work you are doing, plus they are fun to collect.  I'm almost to my third one.  I put mine on display in the kitchen, that is when the kids aren't trying to steal them from me.

On a more personal note, I reward myself by buying something new that's pretty and fits my new size, like a new pair of jeans, a pretty shirt, sometimes a new bracelet or even by getting a beauty treatment like a cut and color....it's just my little way of saying "hey you did it girl"

 

#3
Are you still taking Coco with you on walks?

Sadly, no.  She is just too much for me to handle.  She is huge and strong and she drags me around like a rag doll...think Marmaduke! I think she's pulled my arm out of socket a few times.



#4
Can you lose weight on Nutrisystem without exercising?

Ummm, sure...but why would you want to?
I mean you could technically lose weight just eating the food, however you lose it faster by exercising too.  Plus, you want a nice tone look and you will get that way with both diet and exercise.  Besides exercise is good for you! Anytime I'm feeling stressed or having a bad day, I take a walk or run...anything to get my heart pumping.  By the time I'm done, I forget why I was so upset to begin with.  Exercise gives you those healthy feel good endorphins....it's true.  It's like taking a happy feel good pill.



#5
Aren't you afraid you will gain the weight back?

In the past, when I lost weight and consequently went down in clothing sizes, I just boxed everything up because I was afraid I would gain the weight back.  I don't know what the difference is...but I don't have any fear of gaining the weight back at all.  I have kind of deprogrammed myself as far as eating is concerned.  I don't crave junk food like I did before.  I don't grab a bag of chips when I'm feeling blue or stressed out.  I'm not eating candy bars for breakfast anymore.  I eat real food.  I know what is healthy and what is not.  I have a much more balanced diet now....plus, I exercise and enjoy spending time playing with my kids...if I gained the weight back, I would be depressed again....and it's somewhere I'm not willing to go.

So, nope no fear here!

 Right now, I've got stacks of clothes in my bedroom that don't fit me.....I'm not keeping them, I just haven't gotten rid of them yet.  Plus, it's kinda funny seeing all those clothes that I wore just a few short months ago sitting there.  It's just another little visual of how far I've come in this journey.

 
 
#6
What kind of exercise do you do?
 
Well, I did a lot of walking and some running outside in my neighborhood, the trails at the park, at the school and the river.  But lately, since it's been kind of cold, I've been doing a lot of different dvds....Jillian Michaels, the Walk Away The Pounds series with Leslie Sansone....they are my invisa-workout buddies.
 
 
 
#7
How can you bake all those goodies for the kids and not be tempted to eat them?
 
Some days are easier than others.  Some cookies and treats that I make for them, I don't particularly like, so that right there makes it easy....I never really was a big cake or cupcake eater, so when I bake those I'm not tempted at all.  The cookies on the other hand, are harder...I love me some cookies.  But I also love feeling healthier...so sometimes that is incentive enough not to indulge.


If anyone has any more questions or just want to share the love or their progress, please do so...as I have already mentioned, you encourage me, just as much as you say I encourage you.

We're in this together!
and
Victory is our's for the taking!!



I have a little surprise for you this week in my video.....If you've been watching them, then you know I was a afraid to go down the tunnel slides at the playground (for fear I was too big and would get stuck hahaha)...come see whether I did it or not.



My Stats

  • 04/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 05/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 05/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 05/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 05/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 06/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 06/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 06/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 06/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 06/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 07/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 07/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
  • 07/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
  • 07/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)
  • 08/03/12 - 163 (week fourteen)
  • 08/10/12 - 160 (week fifteen)
  • 08/17/12 - 160 (week sixteen)
  • 08/24/12 - 160 (week seventeen)
  • 08/31/12 - 159 (week eighteen)
  • 09/07/12 - 159 (week nineteen)
  • 09/14/12 - 157 (week twenty)
  • 09/21/12 - 155 (week twenty one)
  • 09/28/12 - 155 (week twenty two)
  • 10/03/12 - 155 (week twenty three)
  • 10/12/12 - 154 (week twenty four)
  • 10/19/12 - 153 (week twenty five)
  • 10/26/12 - 153 (week twenty six)
  • 11/02/12 - 152 (week twenty seven)
  • 11/09/12 - 152 (week twenty eight)

    Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog
  •  
    *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and were not influenced by Nutrisystem.

    
    **Photography and Video by Miss Sarah Juliani



     
    

    2 comments:

    MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

    Awesome post, Charlene! You know I'm always in awe how many yummy treats you make for your kiddos! ;) I wish my willpower were that strong!

    And 28 pounds to date is fantastic!!! Love the pictures, too. Sarah did a great job!

    Helene said...

    Wow, look at YOU!!!! You look amazing! Congratulations on losing 28 pounds!! Huge accomplishment!

    And I love the video!! Not only did you fit on the slide, but there was plenty of room to even fit a small child in there with you!!!