Friday, July 27, 2012

My 13th week on Nutrisystem

This week wraps up my 13th week on Nutrisystem.

I thought I was finally making some headway since I was stuck at 164 for a few weeks.  Sunday,  I couldn't help myself and weighed in (even though, my official weigh in day is Friday) and weighed 162 and was super excited. 

Then, Monday came along.... 

I went for my walk and had to stop halfway through it.  My chest was hurting so bad.  All week I had been battling my asthma, but didn't think much of it, until Monday night. I had to leave my walk early and come home to use my inhaler.  Tuesday, I went to the doctor's and he diagnosed me with a sinus/allergy infection and put me on antibiotics and steroids.  

I hate steroids...always have. 

They make me gain weight - and that's exactly what happened.  I gained not only the 2 pounds that I lost, but another one on top of that.  I guess in the grand scheme of things, 3 pounds really isn't that big of a deal and it could be worse {fingers crossed that it doesn't get worse, since I have to take them for another 9 days}.  Just another one of those "one step forward, two steps back" sort of thing, huh?

In the meantime, I thought I would share some of my favorite foods this week....

The Breakfast Burrito....

(this is so filling and delicious and I don't normally like breakfast burritos)


For lunch, Italian Wedding Soup

(I love Italian Wedding soup and this one didn't let me down - So Yummy!)


Dinner.....Glazed Chicken Tenders

(Love this....it is so stinkin' good)


And for dessert, Golden Pound Cake

(I'm not much of a cake eater...but I really enjoy eating this with a cup of fresh strawberries and a tablespoon of fat free cool whip - tastes just like strawberry shortcake - delish!!).


So there you have it, I'm a little bit bummed about gaining (officially, I guess you could say a pound, since I weighed 164 last week and this week I weigh 165), but I'm still optimistic that once I'm off the meds and back into my routine again, I can lose it...it is a bit disappointing (not going to lie), but I can do it.  The good thing is, I can breathe again and my chest doesn't hurt anymore, so the meds are working.  No one ever said this was going to be easy!!


  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 6/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 6/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 6/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 7/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 7/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
  • 7/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
  • 7/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)


    Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog




  • *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.





    1 comment:

    MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

    Big picture, you're still down 15 POUNDS, and that's awesome!

    Sorry you're having to take a little detour with the medication, but hang in there, Charlene! :)