Friday, August 10, 2012

My 15th Week on Nutrisystem

Today wraps up my 15th week on Nutrisystem.

Can you believe I started this journey 15 weeks ago?

It's been an incredible ride and no where near over (thankfully!!!).

I have some pretty exciting news to share, I not only lost 20 pounds so far, but I also worked my way out of the "obese" bracket.  At 160 pounds, I am now considered "overweight".

I struggled a bit with whether or not I was going to share that I was considered obese....because it seems like such a horrid word, not to mention embarrassing.

Obese

Seriously, I never thought I was obese at 180 pounds.  I thought I was just overweight.  I mean, I'm not stupid and realized that at my height (5'2 1/2") that I was pretty heavy (still am), but never in a million years did I think of myself as obese.  I mean obese people are the ones on The Biggest Loser, right? The ones that have to lose hundreds of pounds? Not someone who is 50-60 pounds overweight....surely, I wasn't obese? Yep, there was a whole lot of denial going on in my mind. 

Obese

That sounds like a scary word, doesn't it?

You know what's even scarier?

Morbidly Obese

With six children and a husband to take care of I can't afford to be morbidly obese.  I have seven people depending on me to take care of them.  How can I take care of them, when I can't even take care of myself? What if the "morbid" part came true? Who would care for my children? My disabled husband? I couldn't do that to my children anymore.  I couldn't do that to myself anymore.

I still have a long way to go to get to what is considered a healthy weight for my height...but I have faith in myself that I can achieve that goal.  It might take some time, but anything worthy in life is worth the time and effort.

The best part about losing 20 pounds so far is the amount of energy that I have now.  I am doing things that I haven't done in years.  I rode a bike for the first time the other day....the last time I rode a bike I was probably 16 years old.  I was always afraid to ride bikes with the kids, because I didn't want to look foolish (you know like my butt would look so big that it swallowed the seat haha), or like people would stare and say look at that fat chick on the bike. 

But a few nights ago, I took the kids with me on a walk and they rode their bikes.  I looked at them and thought to myself, why not and said "Hey Sarah, let me try riding your bike."  She jumped off and I hesitantly climbed on and started pedaling.  I was a little shaky at first, but I got the hang of it.  Then Sarah started running beside me with this huge grin on her face.  She said "it's all about the balance Mom, do you want me to hold onto the seat while you ride." LOL!

There are so many emotions about that one silly moment of riding that bike.

One, was the look on her face and the little boys' faces when they saw me riding.  It's a look that I have seen alot lately.  

a look of pride
a look of love
a look of awe

Two, was the pride in myself that I am letting go of fear and embarrassment and living in the moment.

Three, was the feeling that I actually can do things that I thought I couldn't do anymore....and it sure feels awesome!

I am realizing how much I enjoy playing with my kids and how much they love playing with me.


playing foursquare


These kids and their smiles......makes the whole journey worth it!





Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 6/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 6/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 6/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 7/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 7/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
  • 7/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
  • 7/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)
  • 8/03/12 - 163 (week fourteen)
  • 8/10/12 - 160 (week fifteen)




  • *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.



    No comments: