Friday, August 03, 2012

My 14th week on Nutrisystem

 Today wraps up my 14th week on Nutrisystem.

After being stuck at the same weight for weeks and then last week's very slight gain (from medication), I'm happy to say that a little hard work and some determination have paid off....I lost 2 pounds.

(163 pounds)

 
This whole process is unbelievably hard and it tries your patience and it can be a slow process, which will make you want to just throw in the towel and quit sometimes.  But then again it's worth it.  Anything you want to achieve you can....you have to believe in yourself and just keep going.  That's a lesson that I have learned quite a few times in my life, but for some reason it never quite hit home, until now.

Seeing how proud my children are of me....makes me want to keep going.  Seeing them smile while I'm walking with them and running along while they play makes it worth it.  Knowing how happy they are when I play frisbee and I'm willing to go outside and be more active with them, makes me feel like a better mom....and that is totally worth the effort and hard work.

As I sit here and say these things, I think, I must sound pretty silly saying that I now play with my kids.  I played with my kids all the time, but not in the sense that I do now.  In the past, my idea of playing with my kids meant rolling matchbox cars around on the floor.  Or sitting in a sandbox building sandcastles.  Or setting up train sets and then pushing a remote to make it go.  Or playing pretend with Little People sets.  Yes, that is playing with them and spending time with them.  But when it came to running outside or playing hopscotch or jumping rope or anything active, really, I wouldn't or simply couldn't do it.  I was tired of sitting on the sidelines and watching life pass me by (and something tells me that you are too).

I remember years ago, when I first got married and started gaining weight, Rich wanted to play tennis with me.  So he bought me a racket and we went to the tennis courts....and as he ran back and forth hitting the ball to me, I just stood there.  I complained when he didn't hit the ball right to me.  I complained when I had to run after the ball.  I complained about being hot and being outside and just not liking the sport at all.

I think back to all that complaining.

It wasn't that I didn't like the sport.....I didn't like the me that I had become.  All that extra weight not only weighed me down physically, but emotionally as well.  I was miserable.

Now, that I am losing weight, I not only feel physically better about myself, but emotionally better too.  I am letting go of so many feelings that weighed me down and made me feel unimportant, made me feel like a bad mother and wife.

I still struggle, but the struggle is different now and it's totally worth it.

When my husband walks past me and whistles at me.
When my kids smile at me when I'm playing with them.
When my friends and family tell me I look happy.

It's ALL worth it!

So many people think that you need to starve yourself to lose weight...or go on extreme diets....or exercise til you can't feel your legs.

All you need is your own body and some determination and 30 minutes a day.

You don't need a fancy treadmill or a gym membership.

God gave you two legs....use them.

Look at your watch, set a timer and start walking.  Walk 15 minutes, then turn around and walk back.  That's all you need.  Eat more veggies, more protein, less carbs and sugar.   And drink plenty of water....and yes, when you first start drinking lots of water, you will have to flush it out.  But, you can consider all those trips to the bathroom just another form of exercise LOL!

Most importantly,
Get moving and Don't quit!



 

  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 6/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 6/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 6/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 7/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 7/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
  • 7/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
  • 7/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)
  • 8/03/12 - 163 (week fourteen)


    Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

  • *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.

    3 comments:

    MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

    That's awesome, Charlene! The weight loss this week, of course, but even more so, how you're feeling about yourself. Hugs to you, my friend! :)

    Jolene said...

    How wonderful! You have inspired me as I have told you before. In the past 5 weeks I have lost 8 pounds now. Thanks!

    Unknown said...

    Woo-hoo! Congratulations on your hard work and perseverance! You look awesome!