Sunday, October 08, 2006

Oh My God!!

My house stinks, literally!!

My downstairs is covered in poo water!!!! Yah, that's right, our sewer backed up! And we live in a split entry house. Our laundry floor is covered (at least 3 inches deep in nasty, stinky water), my bathroom downstairs is covered in poo and poo water, and it started to seep into the familyroom and garage. Rich took all the laundry to the laundry mat, because it was all laying on the floor. Everything was wet and nasty. I was supposed to work, but I had to call off to clean up the mess and wait for the plumber. We have to pay a plumber for weekend hours too.

Sucks BIG time!!!

I was so upset, I almost had an asthma attack. I started up a load of clothes, and while I was still down there sorting through the clothes, I saw all this water flowing into the laundry room. When I looked in the bathroom, water was shooting out of the toilet like a big gesyer (sp?). Water and crap went all over the bathroom walls, toilet, and also shot out of the shower drain. It was nasty, poo water! So GROSS! I shut the washer off and ran upstairs to tell Rich. I had to take pictures for the insurance company and everything.

I'm so grossed out right now. EWWWW!!!

Update: We bleached down everything in the laundry room, bathroom, garage and family room. It's all clean now, and sanitized. The plumber said that we have a sunken pipe and it will cost 15 hundred dollars to fix, on top of the 250, for fixing the mess and cleaning the drain. This just after the gas company came and told us we had a leak and since it was outside the house we were responsible for fixing it. Just got the grass to grow in nicely and now it's getting dug up again.

No comments: