Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lil' Chick Cupcakes

I saw this on Kraft foods (I think) and I said, I can do that.  So I did.  And as always Nathan helped.

We baked some yellow cupcakes....made some frosting and added yellow food coloring to it (the color came out sooo pretty).  We took some coconut flakes and added yellow food coloring to those as well and shook the bag to mix it all up.  We used brown m & m's as the eyes and cut out beaks using gummy candy (peach rings or those sugar sprinkle orange slice things work the best).  The kids LOVED them....they are almost too cute to eat, almost ;)
Shaking up the coconut
Letting the coconut dry (pretty color)
Yellow Frosting
The decorations
Waiting to decorate them
the coconut topping
added the eyes, then the beaks
Finished....See what I mean about being almost too cute to eat!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are super cute!!!

Evonne said...

Those are adorable!

Emmy said...

So so cute! Though I must admit I am not a big coconut fan

Charlene Juliani said...

Emmy, I'm not a big fan of coconut either, but it's not that noticeable...plus, it keeps me from eating a bunch of them haha!

Kel said...

Cute cupcakes! Stopping by for Friday Follow. Have a fantastic weekend!

Kel
http;//betweenthelines-kam.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Stopping by from Friday follow. LOVE the cupcakes, We may have to make those in addition to our "over easy egg" cupcakes for Easter!

Life Without Pink said...

They are the cutest things ever!

Lisa C. said...

too cute, but they look yummy... Following from FF... hope you have a wonderful weekend.. (= and please feel free to come by and visit me...


http://mommyingonthefly.blogspot.com/

Joy@TPMG said...

Those turned out so cute!!!