Friday, December 03, 2010

Christmas Tree Handprints

Day Two of our Christmas Advent season.....


I painted the boys hands green  and pressed them to red construction paper in the shape of a tree.


Then I poured some yellow paint on a paper plate and let the boys use a star shaped sponge to make a star topper for the tree.





You can also paint a tree using a paint brush instead of using handprints.




Then I got out some glue and beads and the boys decorated their trees with the beads.






Nicholas' tree


Nathan's tree

We also unwrapped another book to read.


Our book was Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry


This book was really sweet...the boys loved it and tried to guess who would get the topper next.

How are you enjoying the advent season? Any ideas you would like to share....Leave me a comment!

6 comments:

a49erfangirl said...

This is awesome! I am going to do this with my daughter today but instead of beads I am going to use cheerios.

Anonymous said...

SIX KIDS!! WOW! That is awesome and a full time job! I'm finding it tough with one little guy! I love the project btw, it's definitely going on the future project list!

Summer said...

Cute craft! I use to do something similar when I worked at a daycare.

The Mrs. said...

Hi! I'm a new follower via The Trendy Treehouse.

I LOVE the hand-print Christmas trees! I'm a member of the PTO and I'll be suggesting this craft project for my daughter's Holiday party. Thanks for sharing!

http://mylifeasawomanmommyandwife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These are soo adorable! I love the way the Santa came out!

Louanne said...

Great craft! I am definitely going to do this with my 4 year old this week.