Saturday, December 04, 2010

Santa Windsocks


These came out so stinkin' cute!


I found this at Free Kids Crafts, it came with instructions and templates for the hat, eyes, nose, etc.

The patterns were to small for the size of the plate we used, so Sarah drew new shapes to fit our size.

First paint a paper plate skin tone color



Once the paint dries, glue the face and hat pieces to the plate, we used wiggle eyes, instead of the eye template.




Glue some white crepe streamers to the bottom of the plate


We tried gluing pom poms to the hat, but they wouldn't stick very well, so we just used paper instead.



Attach a cute ribbon to the top to use for hanging it.  (Nathan's said "naughty or nice" - how appropriate for Santa lol)




After our craft time, we opened another book.


Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog through sensational blog hop. I am now your newest follower, I look forward to reading more of your blog. Have a happy Saturday and great weekend!

http://caseysgoodlife.com

by the way you have a beautiful family!

Kylie said...

Very cool and I love the handprint tree also. Thanks for linking up to our Christmas Fun too, :-)

Susana said...

I LOVE this! It turned out so cute!! I also think the picture of your cat Zeus in your sidebar is absolutely adorable:-).

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlene!
What an amazing craft! Really easy to be done and beautiful at the same time... I'm looking forward to have it done with my pupils here in Brazil. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Stay well!

=)