Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Moms That Blog (The Interviews)

Introducing......Amie - She's a stay at home mother of three, who loves to design and create custom children's decor.   Not only does she love sharing her own designs, but those of other's as well with a weekly  link party.  Just recently, she celebrated her first year blogiversary.


Tell us a bit about yourself.......I met my husband when I was 19 and we got married at 22 and bought a house and had a baby all within that first year.   We both grew up in NJ and have lived here all of our lives except for a short stint in NC a few years ago.  We have three crazy, rambunctious kids, 1 girl and 2 boys...who are 8,6 and 4.  They keep me Super busy!  


Name 3 things we might be surprised to learn about you.......
1.  I am not a Breakfast person.. it takes me about an hour after I get up to be able to eat and most mornings I drink my coffee and then have a smoothie or some kind of baked yummy. 
2.  I am INSANE when it comes to exercise.  It is one of my many passions in life.  I love running and hot yoga and I am a certified SPIN instructor!
3.  I am a Horrible sleeper.. ever since I had my kids I have been unable to sleep through an entire night.  Most nights I go to be around 10 but I am up again between the hours of 2 a.m. and 4 a.m.


When did you first start blogging.......I started blogging because a friend of mine thought that it would be a great way to get my business name out there for custom children's decor.


What is your blog about........My blog is about everything!  The silliness that goes on in my house, my crafty projects, upcycled objects and of course some of our favorite recipes!


Why do you blog........Blogging is my crafty motivation!  It keeps me busy and I just love to share my ideas and tutorials with others.  It's a great creative outlet but with an audience!


Must read blogs that you visit daily......There are sooo many awesome blogs out there that it's hard to pick and choose my favorites.. I have a very large list of blogs that I follow.. most of which are craft or Mommy related.


What inspires you......I am always inspired by my kids!  They have such wonderful imaginations and are always sooo busy and full of wonder that they inspire me to look at the world from a different perspective.




Do you have a bucket list......I don't really have a bucket list per say.. but my current goals are

1. To be able run a full marathon by the time my little guy is in Kindergarten.. (I have currently done a half and am planning to do another in September)
2. To go on a vacation ALONE with my husband for the first time in 10 years.
3. To take a cruise and get over my fear of boats
4. To learn a foreign language


Do you have any blogging advice that you would like to share........I don't have much blogging advice to give other than be honest and be yourself!  Followers are fun to have but don't get caught up in the numbers.. I'd rather have a few hardcore fans to listen and interact with than 700 who don't really care.


Click HERE to check out the cute designs at her Etsy shop.  These are just a few examples of her work....






You can read more about Amie by checking out her blog Pinkapotamus.  


*If you would like to learn more about becoming a "Mom That Blogs" shoot me an email at jfamilyofeight@hotmail.com.


1 comment:

Saretta said...

This is a neat feature, I love to read people's life stories!