Friday, June 22, 2012

It's been two months....

.....since I started my weight loss journey with Nutrisystem.



Did you know that this year is the 40th anniversary of Nutrisystem?

When I was given this opportunity, I thought it was pretty ironic that I just turned 40 and they were celebrating their 40th anniversary. 

My goal is to lose 60 pounds. 

Originally I thought I should lose 40 pounds, only because I've done it before ---- it was hard as heck, but I went from 205 pounds to 165 pounds, then got pregnant with Nathan and gained it back.  Since then, I managed to get down to 180 on my own and I've yo yoed between 180 and 165 ever since.

Since turning 40, I'm realizing that my metabolism is slowing down and it is even harder than before to lose weight....which is why I'm soooo grateful to Nutrisystem for giving me this opportunity.  The support I get from family and friends and the people at Nutrisystem has been amazing.  They remind me every single day that I CAN do this.

(Me, last summer at 180 pounds - those capris have been added to the "too big to wear" pile)



(Me - yesterday at 166 pounds)

It's only 14 pounds, but I can see (and feel) a difference, Can you?


Yes, in 2 months I have lost a total of 14 pounds....and still losing.  I also lost 10.5 inches around my arms, chest, thighs, waist and hips.

I am learning so many things.  Tips about boosting my metabolism, ways to flavor foods (in the past my favorite way to flavor a food was adding a ton of butter to it....sickening thought now.  I added butter to vegetables like corn and green beans and peas....what's worse is I was adding it to not just my food, but my family's food).  Now, I realize vegetables taste so much better all on their own.  Another bad habit was sprinkling sugar on fruit....like fruit isn't sweet enough all on it's own.

See, so many bad habits that I was passing on to my kids.

I could beat myself up all day on passing these habits on to my kids, or I can just start changing them little by little - what's funny is they (and I) don't even notice the difference anymore.  Food is so much better in it's natural form.

Another thing I love about this program is learning about carbs (the difference between good and bad carbs), Good "power fuels" and how combining certain foods can boost your metabolism and establish healthy eating habits....I'll explain more about smart carbs and power fuels in future blogs.

For fun....watch my video. 


 

  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 6/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 6/22/12 - 166 (week eight)


  • Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog



    *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.


    1 comment:

    MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

    YES! I can definitely see a difference!!! Keep up the awesome work, Charlene!