Sunday, January 27, 2008

Whoaaaa!

So remember when I said the older two kids (Amanda and Anthony) got cell phones for Christmas? Well, guess what came in the mail today? Yep, you guessed it, the bill! Oh Rich was fit to be tied and rightfully so. It seems we forgot to explain a few details to the kids about what is on our plan. Yep, big mistake. HUGE!

Apparently one of the kids, who shall remain nameless (Amanda) has over 5,000 text messages. I know she's a teenager and all, but come on, 5,000. I don't think I even made 50 of the suckers. And in one month's time, she has over 5,000. Mind boggling!

I would have taken her phone for a few days, weeks, years, but I already confiscated it, that and her laptop. Both Amanda's and Anthony's. For some reason, they had been getting up late everyday and missing their school bus. And making dear old mom get up before her time and take them to school in the freezing ass cold! So I figure, that they must be playing on the internet (and or cell phones) at all hours of the night. In which case, they aren't getting enough sleep, hence the sleeping in, hitting the snooze button three thousand times and missing the bus and waking up mom and making mom drive them to school.

You know, if it wasn't so stinkin' cold, I would probably just make them walk to school. I'm sure that it would help them wake up and make them think twice about staying up all night. I mean, it's not like we live that far from the school, but far enough that they would turn into popsicles if they walked.

So no more cell phones, no more laptops (at least for a little while) and hopefully no more outrageous phone bills for the time being. I realize that girls are expensive and that phone bills are slightly higher when there is a girl involved, but still. Give me a break!

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

When I got Kara's cell phone, I made sure I got unlimited text messaging to avoid the higher costs in the bill. I figured an extra $10 each month for the unlimited was well worth it.

Her bill is the same each month, never more, and sadly never less either. :)