Friday, February 18, 2011

My Living Room Coffee Table

Did I ever show you all my "new" living room coffee table?

No?

Well then, let's remedy that, shall we.


Really cute...huh?

don't you just love the color?

Here's the best part - it was Free!

The table is actually our old kitchen table.  We had it forever and it just sat in the garage taking up space and I kept looking at it thinking that would make the perfect coffee table.  It's big enough for the kids to do their homework, play on it with their toys and do crafts on it as well.  It's super sturdy (not like those new tables that look like they will fall apart as soon as you put a glass of water on it). 

I threw my idea at Rich one day.  At first he thought I was a nut (but he usually does when I suggest stuff like that).  But the more he thought about it, the more he liked the idea too.  So much so that one day while I was at work he cut the legs down and started painting it to surprise me when I got home.  I'm not such a nut anymore, now am I? LOL!


It's actually a little darker than what the pictures show.

My living room is almost done.  I just need new curtains...an area rug...light fixture...a few more do-dads...and somebody to hang up all my framed pics.  It's getting there, little by little, it's getting there.

7 comments:

~Dawn~ said...

Cute idea - I love being 'right' about thrifty things like this. My hubs is the same way and usually can't see my 'visions', but when I get my projects finished he ends up liking them, too.

Helene said...

What a great idea!!!! It looks great!!!

Aimee said...

LOVE it! If hubs cut it down for me it would be wobbly..."good job" to your hubby!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

What a great size! At this point I'm just looking forward to having a coffee table...or an endtable...or a lamp...one day. We basically still have our den arranged like a giant pack-n-play for the girls. It works great during the day, but after they go to bed, it feels a little bit like a padded room. HA!

Emmy said...

No way! Great change. Looks great

Shell said...

Very cute table!

Unknown said...

I really like your table (and the color is beautiful!) :)