Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Creating Success Around the World ~ Ashley from Mommy By Day, Crafter By Night


Welcome to
Creating Success Around the World

The 
worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners
of the globe.



Creating my way to Sucess



Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will
introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the
world.



Here's the hosts. Click on the buttons to
visit them and see who they are featuring this week.


Jill in Australasia
Jill in Australasia
Suzy in the Americas
Suzy in the Americas
Divya in Asia
DIvya in Asia
Larissa in Australasia
Larissa in Australasia
Charlene in the Americas
Charlene in the Americas


This week's featured guest from the USA is Ashley from Mommy By Day Crafter By Night

(photo courtesy of Mommy By Day Crafter By Night)


Tell us about yourself? 




Hi, my name is Ashley! I am a mommy of two toddlers! Busy as ever but love to make time to create things while my two kiddos are asleep at night! I love mexican food and could eat it every meal. Love to read. Love to shop (on a budget). But most of all- I love being a mom and love being with my family.

What do you create?
I mainly blog about sewing, but every now and then I love to make a seasonal wreath, home decor, printables, gift ideas, etc.
(photo courtesy of Mommy By Day Crafter By Night)

 
Why do you create?
I have always loved doing "crafty" things and projects since I was little. I was a huge scrapbooker until I had my kids. Once I had my kids I started sewing for them and I love it. I started my blog because I wanted to inspire others to create like so many of my favorite blogs have inspired me. I love making things though. I am constantly working on at least one project and my kitchen table can be found 90% of the time covered in fabric scraps and supplies! ha ha
Do you sell your creations? If so, how?
I have never sold anything I make (although many people have suggested I do). I just feel like I spend as much time as I can at the moment just creating things for myself and my friends and family that I can't justify adding more time to make things to sell.

(photo courtesy of Mommy By Day Crafter By Night)

What are your favorite materials to work with?
FABRIC! I am in love with Moda fabrics, layer cakes, charm pack, and jelly rolls... Every time Moda comes out with something new, I am coming up with a new project to use their fabric in! I love Joel Dewberry, Alexander Henry, Free Spirit, Riley Blake, and Michael Miller fabrics... I definitely have to pace myself when it comes to spending money on fabric! I want it all! ha ha
 
When do you find time to create?
I try to do all of my creating and blogging when my kiddos are asleep, but there are definitely days when I steal sewing time during naps, lunch times, and playtime. I try to manage my time and be fair to my kids though... My #1 job is being a mommy and I try to always put them first. I spend pretty much all of my free time once they go to bed catching up on tv shows I have dvr'd and get to sewing! ;)

 
(photo courtesy of Mommy By Day Crafter By Night)
Any advice you would like to share...
If you love to create- give yourself time to create. My hubby is super good about taking my kids out for daddy-daughter dates every couple weeks so that I can have some "me time" and it is so therapeutic after a day long of chasing toddlers around. Even if I only get 10 minutes of sewing time per day- I try to do it daily. For me, it is so rewarding to stand back and look at a quilt, dress, bag, etc that I have spent time creating. Love it! Having a blog gives me insentive to finish what I start and be able to "show off" a project I have worked hard on. :)

Thank you Ashley for your great answers and for sharing your gorgeous work with us!! Please visit Ashley's blog Mommy By Day Crafter By Night for sewing tips and tutorials.  She's also on facebook and twitter.






If you would like to be featured in an interview - then please contact your continent's host!
 
Now link up all your beautiful crafts....it's time to show off!!!
 






2 comments:

Jill said...

So nice to learn a little more abut Ashley! I'm sure a lot of us can indentify with her fabric addiction!
Great interview!

Crafty Mischief said...

So fun to get to know you Ashley! I'm in love with that "not so mini mini skirt"!