Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nick and Nate's Teacher Thank You Gifts


Tomorrow is the last day of school.

The boys wanted to give their teachers thank you gifts for being such awesome teachers this year.

So, I went to Home Depot and bought some clay pots and some geraniums.

I also bought some acrylic paints, thank you cards and two small wooden plaques.


First the boys painted their pots white.


While the second coat of white paint was drying, I used the wooden plaque and made a super cute thank you stake for their plants.

I used black construction paper, a white crayon, a colored craft stick and glue.


I wrote "thanks!" on the black paper with a white crayon and cut it out.  Then glued a craft stick and the note to the back of the wooden plaque.


See? I told you it was super cute! Each wooden plaque only cost me 50 cents!


The boys then painted their pots....


Nick's Pot


Hmmmm, what colors should I chose?


ALL of them!!!

******

then the boys signed their cards.


I transplanted the plants to their new homes :)


Thanks for making this year a SUPER AWESOME one!!




2 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Those are great! And the little plaques are the perfect extra touch.

Quick question...I've never painted flower pots, as I've always been afraid that the terra cotta would soak up the paint. Did you have to do any base coat or anything? Or does the acrylic paint take care of itself? Thanks! :)

Jolene said...

Very cute!!!