Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Creating Success Around the World - Jamie of The Letter 4

Welcome to
Creating Success Around the World

The 
worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners
of the globe.


Creating my way to Sucess



Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will
introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the
world.


Here's the hosts. Click on the buttons to
visit them and see who they are featuring this week.

 
Jill in Australasia
Jill in Australasia
Suzy in the Americas
Suzy in the Americas
Divya in Asia
DIvya in Asia
Larissa in Australasia
Larissa in Australasia
Charlene in the Americas
Charlene in the Americas


This week's featured guest is Jamie from The Letter 4

(photo courtesy of The Letter 4)

Tell us about yourself...

My name is Jamie and I am wife and a mom to a beautiful little girl named Sabrina. I'm a wannabe graphic designer/artist and blog junkie


What do you create?

I'd like to think I'm an artist. I just love making things look pretty! Whether that's a craft, an organized closet, graphic design, painting, drawing, a recipe, or just taking pictures of our life I like to consider it something I "created". Sort of a jack of all trades I guess :)


Why do you create?

Everyone has something that makes them feel alive. Creating does that for me. I love starting with nothing and ending with something beautiful. I love the feeling that you get when you're all done with a project and you just want to share it with the world. My daughter is also a huge inspiration and reason behind my creations.





Do you sell your creations, if so how?

Yes! What I'm most proud of is our The Letter 4 + 1 shop. It features designs that my sister and I created and 100% of our proceeds go to charity. I'm currently working on a paper goods/organization line for my own shop!

What are your favorite materials to work with?

The good ole pencil is still my favorite. There's nothing more relaxing to me than sketching out doodles and patterns with clean white sheet of paper and a pencil.



When do you find time to create?

Nap time and bed time! Lets just say I get very little sleep ;)
(photo courtesy of The Letter 4)

Any advice to share about creating a business or getting started on creating?

I have heard it over and over again that it has to be something you are passionate about. Our charity shop I enjoy working on no matter how the sales are doing and the work doesn't really seem like "work". Creating a business is a ton of work, you'll get burned out fast if it's not something you are passionate about and believe in.
Thank you Jamie for your great answers and for sharing your beautiful work with us!! Please visit Jamie and her sisters at The Letter 4.  You can also follow them on facebook and twitter


If you would like to be featured in a future interview - then please contact your continent's host!
 
 
Now link up all your awesome crafts....it's time to show off!!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the intro to Jamie and the Letter 4! I'm off now to see more her blog!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! So honored to be a part of this!

Denise said...

I love the wax paper craft and the "Pop" bottles are really cute. Such neat ideas