Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our little date at home....

The other day Rich and I were running errands together, when we passed this little pizza place and I said out loud "I often think about stopping there on the way home from work and getting a pizza for you and me to share when I get home."

Without giving it much thought in the days passing......

I came home from work one night and to my surprise Rich not only got a pizza to share. But he bought a movie that I've been dying to see (the newest Indiana Jones - since Harrison Ford is my secret lover....lol). I was taken aback by his thoughtfulness. I often take Rich for granted, usually yelling at him to help me more, or ignoring him when he asks me to do things, etc. but then he does these really sweet amazing things for me and I realize.....

What a wonderful man God has sent to me!

So anyway, we couldn't have our little date right away, because Nathan wasn't feeling well. It was about an hour after I got home that Nathan finally fell asleep. So we heated up the pizza and since it was too late to watch the movie, we watched a tv show that Rich dvr'd for us.

It might not have been a candlelit dinner for two at a fancy restaurant but it was a wonderful date night for both of us. I'll say it again, I'm a very lucky girl....

2 comments:

CynthiaK said...

Very nice. It's tough to find those moments with all the little ones running around, influencing our social plans. But, it's great that you were still able to get in the (reheated) pizza and some tv watching together!

~B. said...

How did I miss this...sorry!

That is so absolutely totally romantic. I'm not a mushy romancy kinda girl...but I could get into that.

What a sweet thing to do! :)