Friday, March 04, 2011

Oooh La La....Someone thinks I'm Stylish!


The rules passed on to me say to accept this award you are:

1.Supposed to link back to who nominated you.

2.List seven things we might not know about you.

3.Share the “love” and pay it forward by naming six other blogs you enjoy.

Here goes-

Aimee - from A Day In The Life Of My Crazy Little World  bestowed this honor upon me.  I have known Aimee for several years and have never actually "met" her.  We both posted on a mom board.  She has older kids like me and her youngest was the same age as my (at the time, since then added Nathan to our crew) youngest.  I loved her no non-sense attitude and her snarky love of life.  She's been an awesome friend and a huge supporter to me during my "Getting Older Sucks Really Bad" stage of life.  Love ya Aims!!


7 interesting things about me.... 
  •  I read magazines from back to front.  I have no idea why I read them that way, but I've been doing it for years.  And I always cheat and read the last few pages of the books that I'm reading.  I try not to, but I can't help myself.
  •  I am late for EVERYTHING! I can't help it. I have tried setting the clocks five to ten minutes ahead, scheduled appointments for a certain time and then writing down an earlier time...trying to trick myself. Nothing works. When Rich and I were dating, he could never just sit in the driveway, honk the horn and wait in the car (not that my dad would have let him anyway), he always had to come in and wait because I was never ready to go. I was even late on our wedding day...you can literally watch the minutes tick by on the video. I'm sure Rich was standing up there sweating bullets wondering if I ditched him. LOL! There's a Brad Paisley song that reminds me of us called Waiting on a Woman.
  • I'm an attention seeker.  I love a good pat on the head, "job well done" once in a while (but then, who doesn't want that?).
  •  I am majorly grouchy when I don't get enough sleep.....We're talking MAJOR! I am not a morning person. I try to be, but I can't.  There isn't enough coffee on the planet to change this.
  • I love murder mystery tv shows...books...movies. They scare the crap out of me, especially the freakier ones like Criminal Minds (you have to wonder who thinks up those stories) and I have a hard time sleeping but I like watching them.
  • I don't, however like watching horror movies. If I get curious enough to watch them, then I have to do it during the day with all the lights on and even then, I can't go outside in the dark or downstairs by myself.  They freak me out!
  • I have very vivid, freaky dreams (it probably has something to do with all those scary tv shows I watch before I fall asleep at night) and I remember all of them, even the ones I had when I was a kid.

Passing this onto six interesting people...

Emmy - She's such a sweet, fun loving girl....I wish I lived closer because I would totally love for her to photograph my family.
 Jackie - She is such a lovely person.  She not only comments on my blog, but on facebook too.  It's been a pleasure getting to know her and her little boy.
Deirdre - She has some really fun giveaways and great craft ideas.  She also has tolerated me emailing her endlessly and asking her tons of questions about blogging, giveaways and more...Plus, she introduced me to Tiger Tales books.
Christy - I love all fhe fun and super cute crafts that she does with her kids, especially when she incorporates books with them.
Kyrstin - She always has such cute ideas for crafts as well.
Valerie - Awesome crafts using things you already have on hand and her husband reminds me of mine with all his comments.  Thank goodness my hubs doesn't always grace us with his presence lol!

There ya go.....

I followed all the rules. 

Does that mean I get to keep my new shiny, pretty award now?

Oh please.....

Say yes!

5 comments:

Emmy said...

Aww thanks! I would love to take your family picture, it would be fun.. but yes a little far away.
I used to like watching scary movies but I really can't stand them anymore, they get to me now.

And I love that Brad Pasiley song :)

Jackie said...

Aw, thanks!!! You know your blog is one of my favorites! It's been nice getting to know you and your family too! And the crafts, I absolutely love them!

My list would be similar to yours. I am always late! It drives my husband crazy. And although I like scary movies, afterwards, I cannot sleep for days because my imagination runs wild, LOL!

Have a great weekend!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Thank you so much, Charlene!! And congrats on your new award. Yes, yes, keep it!! :-) I am so happy to be listed among some of my FAVE blogs -- this totally made my day! xoxo

Kyrstin said...

Thank you soooo much for thinking of me! I absolutely love your blog!!!

Unknown said...

Haha! I read magazines from back to front too! Been doing it since I was a kid and no idea why. :)