Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PEEPS - Salt Paint Art

I mixed up some salt paint to give these little Peep Bunnies a cool "sugary" effect, just like the real thing.

To make the paint - combine 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup liquid laundry starch, 1 cup of salt and a few tablespoons of poster paint. 

I divided the main recipe in half and then added the paint - it still made a lot of paint.  We used "peep" colors (pink, purple, blue and yellow).

I printed out a copy of this Peep Bunny pattern from Dana Made It.   Nathan and I painted the bunnies.

After the paint dried (overnight), I cut the bunnies out and Nathan glued the bunnies to a sheet of blue construction paper.  We also cut some green grass to glue along the bottom.  We cut slits in the green paper to give it a "grassy" effect.  And then added a cotton ball for a tail.  These came out So Cute!

LOVE them!!! Makes me hungry for some real Peeps!

Post a Comment