Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Who Knew Weeds Had Such Pretty Names

Queen Anne's Lace?


The boys and I decided to try a little experiment using Queen Anne's Lace and food coloring.


We took some "weeds" and 6 cups of water and added food coloring to each cup

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple


Then we waited....and waited......and waited.....


Days went by.

We actually forgot about them, because I put them outside.

Guess what?

It worked....the food coloring turned the weeds to their designated color


Red


Purple


Green


Yellow (if you look closely)

Not all of them turned colors, but it did work for the most part. 

The boys thought it was cool and that was good enough for me!

6 comments:

Rebecca Dot Com said...

those pics looks absolutely fun and gorgeous! What a cool project. . . maybe i can try something like this! enjoy your wednesday!!

Claudya Martinez said...

I love this. What a great idea!

I voted for you. Good luck.

Helene said...

Such a cool experiment! I honestly would never have thought to dye weeds but it certainly looks like a lot of fun!

Deidre said...

That is very cool! I never considered doing that.

Denise said...

Some of the "weeds" are just too pretty to pull. I love Queen Ann's Lace. Great idea to color them

shelley c. said...

That is awesome! I will have to give that a try - J would get a big kick out of it.