Monday, December 07, 2009

Crap That Annoys Me

This past year Sarah turned 12. I'm not sure if you have ever had to deal with a 12 year old preteen, premenstrual girl or not, but if you have I'm sure you can sympathize with me. Every little thing turns into an argument with her. I could say the sky was blue and she would blow up at me and then accuse me of not believing her. That's her big thing, she "thinks" I don't believe her when she says things. When that has nothing to do with the situation at all. She just screams and whines and throws hissy fits over everything. It drives me nuts!

So tonight, Amanda and I were rolling out cookie dough, when Sarah from another room interjects our conversation (that had nothing to do with Sarah what so ever) and starts screaming about how I never believe her and blah blah blah. And so I said out loud to Amanda "You used to act like that too." Then Amanda said "I'm sorry" I said you still do sometimes, but it annoyed the crap out of me endlessly. To which she replied "I'm really sorry!" Of course we laughed about it, but seriously teenage hormones SUCK! And girl teenage hormones are the worst! Thank the good Lord above I only have two girls to go through this with and not the opposite (4 girls, 2 boys). No wonder my grandfather had a den that he locked himself in and a workshop that he could also hide in - seeing as he was the father of five daughters.

I need a hiding place too......

5 comments:

A Voice From Now said...

I'm sorry about that. My brother is nine and he complains about everything. I don't get why--what's so hard about being nine?

Hopefully your daughter will outgrow it soon enough.

Rachel B said...

That doesn't bode well for me having to deal with three pre-teen girls in the not so distant future :(

Michelle said...

Oh the joy of 12 year old girls...and i only have 2 more...maybe 3...or oh heavens...more depending on how many God gives me...I really love my boy! LOL.

I dont get the, you dont believe me thing. She has a younger sister who LIES all THE TIME. So we always tell her we believe her when she talks to us.

instead i get, you dont love me like i am...you always want to change me.

and what can i say to that? LOL I do want to change her...into a normal girl. LOL

Corrie Howe said...

I only have one daughter. She's only seven and I can already see life is going to be H E double hockey sticks when she becomes hormonal. My husband fears that it will coincide with my menopause. He's planning on moving out for awhile.

Charlene Juliani said...

LMAO Corrie!!