Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Showers, Bring May Flowers

                                                                        
I've been spending my birthday my favorite way, hanging out with my family.  Nathan and I made some Salt Dough and used cookies cutters shaped like flowers and a butterfly.  Later, Nicholas, Sarah and Nathan had fun painting them.   We glued a craft stick to the backs of the flowers (and a few butterflies) that they painted green to make it look like a stem.  We also attached a magnet to the back to make really cute fridge magnets for spring.  Sarah and Nicholas want to give some to their teachers and Nathan wants to give one to "the old lady in the yellow house" (one of our elderly neighbors who is always giving the boys treats).  They came out really cute!  You can find the salt dough recipe here.  











Funny....this doesn't smell like a real flower!

6 comments:

Tabatha said...

what a fantastic idea.. i just might have to do that with my kiddos this summer :) and they turned out so pretty.. :)

Emmy said...

So cute! We will have to try those sometime

Ann Flower said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning! Thank you so much for the tutorial! keep up the good work.

Danielle said...

That looks like a ton of fun! We actually planted flowers as a small project that turned into Mommy's new obsession. The toddler loves watching them grow, and we are already getting sprouts.

Stoppin' by from SITS!

Angelica said...

I will have to try this! Thanks for stopping by!

Goodnight moon said...

How fun!!!! I have 4 chickens running around my house.

I found you through SITS!

I have a FREE giveaway on my blog. Come by and check it out. I'm sure you could use it with all the cooking you do for your family! Your gonna LOVE It!