Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Paper Flower Bouquet


This is a fun and cute little project for kids.  It would be perfect for Mother's Day (hint to those dad's out there!!).  All you need is some flower colored construction paper, a pencil, some craft sticks (we painted our's green), glue, scissors and a stapler.


Trace your child's hand print on the paper and cut it out


Curl the ends of the finger tips around a pencil


Glue the craft stick to the hand print


Take the sides and shape them around the stick and staple it together

Nathan and I took a vase and put some tissue paper in the bottom of it.  Then arranged the "flowers" in the vase.



I think I like these flowers just as much as I like my real ones!


And Nathan is pretty darn proud of himself, as you can see!

Here is his little garden stone project, he finished it yesterday......


5 comments:

Krissy @ ArtsyMom said...

That handprint bouquet is so adorable@!

Better late than never! :) Following from Friday Follow. I hope you follow us back and return the favor!! :)

http://theartsymom.tk

CM said...

Oh, he's adorable! Look at how proud he is, I'm sure he loved giving the "flowers" to his mama!

Emmy said...

Those hands are so cute!! What a great idea

mindy m. said...

Great ideas here! I love the last photo where he looks so pleased with himself too!

Stopping over from SITS!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! Thanks! We'll be trying it today. I linked up to this on my blog: http://sswoot.blogspot.com/2012/03/5-rainy-day-activities-with-adorable.html