Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Last Night's Dinner Recipe by Request

I got this recipe from someone on a board at BabyCenter.com.  The recipe called for sour cream, but I omitted it, because other than beef stroganoff (where it's hidden in the sauce), my kids don't really like sour cream.  I also burned mine (hence the reason I don't have any pics of it finished), because I threw it in the oven and ran to pick up the twins from ball practice and no one checked on it while I was gone.  It still tasted really good, despite not having sour cream and being slightly crispy.   Now, that I have made you REALLY hungry for this recipe (haha), I'll post it.

As you can see, I save money by buying store brand....who cares, it all tastes the same anyway.


CRESCENT TACO BAKE


Rachel via Taste of Home Best Loved Casseroles

1 tube crescent rolls
2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
1 ½ lb. ground beef
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream (used 2)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Unroll crescent rolls into a rectangle; press onto bottom and 1 inch up the side of a greased 13x9 baking dish. Seal the seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup of chips. Set aside.In a medium skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Spoon over chips. Top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kris said...

This sounds pretty good. I'm not sure my kids would eat it, but I would like to try it. Thanks for stopping by my place!

Sienna said...

yum, I am always looking for more ground beef recipes. thanks. I am following you back from FF.