Friday, April 23, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow.....

I tried to take it easy on Nathan this morning, since he is still recovering from his shot trauma.  And we worked on some cute little garden projects.  I found all the items we used at Target, in their Dollar Spot section.  They have tons of cute little garden products for little ones.  Everything from little tools, flower and vegetable seed packets, little pots that have seeds already with them, kid sized gloves, flower pots, buckets, etc.  They also had a make your own garden stone kit (I bought the last one at the store that I visisted, other wise I would have bought a few more).

Since the stone takes up to 24 hours to set, we worked on that first.  Nathan was disappointed that he couldn't decorate it just yet.  Which is why I did a second project as well, to sort of tie him over until he can paint on the stone.  He LOVES painting projects.

The create a garden stone project was somewhat messy, I would recommend laying newspaper on the table (I didn't - and had a HUGE mess to clean up).  Adult help is a must.  Not only is it messy, but it dries very quickly. 


The second project we did was planting some flower seeds in these cute little tin, kid sized buckets.  I filled them with potting soil and then let Nathan add the seeds.  He went a teensy bit overboard........


I think he was disappointed that they didn't magically grow the instant he poured the water on top. 
Patience, my son.....Patience!

Good things come to those who wait!

9 comments:

CynthiaK said...

I love the look on his face! "grow already!" LOL

Unknown said...

Following back from Friday Follow. I'm thinking about starting an herb garden with the kids. I'm just scared that the squirrels will get into it...LOL

Angelica said...

My daughter would love this! Time to go to Target!

Rebecca said...

I'm so heading to target! New follower through FF!

Visit me at: http://beyondmeasuring.blogspot.com

Tiffanee said...

Very cool! Love the pictures. Following you back from Friday Follow!!

Tabitha said...

Great idea!! I'm headed to Target tonight to see if they have any stones left :)

Kyrstin said...

Love it! The stone looks awesome. I have bought my seeds from the dollar section at Target for the last couple of years. My kids love to help and we end up with herbs and tomatoes every year!!

Jackie said...

I've seen this stuff at Target and have been meaning to get it too. My son will love doing this!

Jackie said...

I've seen this stuff at Target and have been meaning to get it too. My son will love doing this!