Friday, January 22, 2010

Breathing New Life Into Someone Else's Junk

I've been reading a few blogs lately that have posts about thrift store finds. I've never been much of a yard sale kind of person. Not that I don't like a good bargain, I just never find anything I can use. But since I've been seeing all these neat things people have been finding and fixing up, it's made me want to try it too. So this afternoon, I hit up one of the local thrift stores just for shits and giggles. I discovered that I actually liked browsing through the store. I saw lots of cute stuff too. Never would I ever thought that I would have bought something. But there I was purchasing someone else's junk within an hour.

What did I buy.....



An old mirror that I figure I can paint a fresh coat of white and make it look new. I think it will work perfectly in the girls' bedroom. I also bought a pair of candlesticks that just needed cleaned up a bit. I spent $4.22 on everything. Not such a bad haul, in my opinion. And the funny thing is, I'm eager to go again. Crazy, huh? This is where I put the candlesticks....Looks cute, doesn't it?

Post a Comment