Sunday, January 03, 2010

Last Day of Christmas Break

Today is the last day of Christmas break for the kids. I was supposed to work, but got lucky and they called me and told me that they didn't need me today (WooHoo). So I decided to use the day to have some last minute fun with the little boys and put the big kids to work one last day. They sure were happy about that one hehehe, but I have a nice sparkly kitchen (including clean cupboards and wiped down walls). I think having a clean kitchen from top to bottom is a great way to start out the new year, don't you? I even pulled the appliances out and cleaned behind them as well.

Nick and Nate's Marshmallow Snowmen (and let me tell you what a challenge it was getting the marshmallows on the paper and not in their tummys....Hmm, wonder long it will take them to pick the marshmallows off the paper and eat them, like they did with the candy on the gingerbread boy?? LOL).







Don't you just love Nick's smile....at least he made sure to drink some koolaid first, since he didn't feel like smiling for real hehehe.




Sarah's Snowflake Project (Great Job, Sister!)





Then we made some Sugar Cookies, that we frosted and Nathan sprinkled.






Our dinner was weenie wraps, mac & cheese and applesauce. Something different for us, but the kids enjoyed it.



Tomorrow they will head back to school wearing their new clothes (and new undies and socks). Nathan, I'm sure will miss them (if only for a short time). I have to work tomorrow and also Wednesday, but the rest of the week I'll be off and trying to come up with some new and fun activities that Nathan can do (I mean other than running boring errands with mom).

Oh and for fun two more pics - one of the Rice Krispy Treats that Sarah and I made for dessert last night (I haven't made those since high school, which is weird considering I have six kids and all that). And the other is one of our cat looking rather annoyed about having his picture taken lol.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I was always a candy picker as well - the token time we had a gingerbread house as a kid, every time I would walk past I would pick something off of it.

Stopping in from SITS.

Not Everyones Mama said...

Look at you all go! Love the snowmen and snowflakes!

And the weenie wraps, we call those pigs in a blanket at our house. LOL My kids love them.

Want to mail me a cookie. LOL

Swinging by from SITS!