Saturday, March 20, 2010

Don't Blink

Or your kids might go from this.......
To this...................
Amanda passed her driver's license test on her very first try.  She is now a licensed driver! She was ready months ago, but she wanted to practice parallel parking some more.  She was afraid to try it in the van and she hasn't mastered Rich's standard yet, so her boyfriend brought his grandmother's car over for her to practice in and let her borrow it for the test today.  His family was just as excited as our family was that she passed (isn't that sweet?).
As soon as we got home, she asked me if she could go somewhere.....I let her drive to the store (boy is that going to come in handy, I'm sure).  Sarah went with her and as they were pulling out of the driveway, Sarah mouthed "help me" LOL! She is such a smarty pants!
And they're off.....I swear I didn't cry! But I did get all sentimental.  One minute you are giving birth, the next you're sending them off to school, then they grow up and get their driver's license.  Next thing you know they will be going to the prom and graduating high school and leaving home for real.  With a car loaded down with all their belongings. 

Why can't they just stay little?
Post a Comment