Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Butterfly Day

Bb is for Butterflies, inspired by this book that we found at the library........


Nathan loved the ending....it has a butterfly that pops up in a 3D effect.  Cute!


We made a butterfly craft....








We practiced writing the letter B



And we baked and decorated some butterfly cookies


I thought this pic of Zach was funny ~ LOL!


Found this sweet little blog hop this morning by A Mommy's Adventures called stARt (story plus art).  I thought it was a great idea (especially for more craft ideas), so I linked up.  Go check out all the cute art.



11 comments:

The Bama Gardener said...

I love this! So many cute ideas!

The Bama Gardener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Dropping in from stART. Love the butterfly cookies!

Jenny said...

Wow, he actually did a really great job painting the coffee filter - with all of the colors. And I'm suddenly very hungry now for cookies...

Trulyana said...

What a truly delightful experience that must have been. It is wonderful to get inspired isn't it! I'm happy you guys had fun with all the butterfly inspired goodies. Those cookies look great! How did you end up making them?
Stopping by from SITS.
Have a super day. :)

Unknown said...

that book looks beautiful and I love how you incorporate all different things into the theme
stopping by from sits

Unknown said...

I great ideas! I love the butterflies eyes.

Jessica AKA Falling Glitter said...

Very adorable. I love the cookies.

Brimful Curiosities said...

I bet my daughter would love that butterfly book. The cookies look yummy!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Visiting from StArt - the butterfly book looks so very colorful, and I loved how Nathan colored every inch of his coffee filter. And those cookies are perfect too - what a lovely butterfly day!

Unknown said...

Books today are not what they were, now are more attractive, and combines playing with education. A brilliant idea. And the butterfly came out great. Bravo.Rent A Car Sibiu