Friday, May 28, 2010

Q is for Queen and Y is for Yak


Nathan practiced writing Q's and Y's today.  For his "Q" craft he made a crown and crowned me as the Queen.  We made one for him as well and he became the prince for the day.  We used poster board to make the crown shape and then wrapped it in foil.  We also used glitter foam board for the jewels.  He had a lot of fun with this one. 





My queen for the day bubble was busted when the kids started coming home from school and they wanted snacks and all the attention I could give them.  It was fun pretending to be queen while it lasted.......

For the letter Y, we made a Yak.  I got the template from dltk crafts.  We put it together and then glued yarn on the body of the yak, because yaks are super hairy.  Nathan liked using the yarn, because it started with a Y too.





I've been trying to play catch up with crafts and letter writing, I hurt my back at work and I've been doped up on pain killers and muscle relaxers for the past few days.  I don't know about you, but those things knock me off my feet and I spend most of the time sleeping (but at least I'm not in pain when I'm asleep, right?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the furry yak and the fun crowns.

Anonymous said...

such cute ideas! happy SITS sharefest!