Italian Fettuccine Pie
*Recipe by Betty Crocker
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
1 can (8oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
6 oz. uncooked fettuccine
1 TBS butter, melted
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed or 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 350* In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Heat to a boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
3. In medium bowl, beat one of the eggs and the butter. Stir in fettuccine and mozzarella cheese. In an ungreased 9 inch quiche or pie plate, spoon and press mixture evenly in bottom and up the side of dish.
4. In small bowl, mix cottage cheese and remaining egg; spread over fettuccine mixture in dish. Sprinkle with broccoli. Spoon beef mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
5. Bake uncovered about 30 mins or so until hot in center. Let stand 10 mins before cutting.
*We all LOVED it....But, I think next time I will make it without the broccoli. It tasted fine with it mixed in, but I think I'd rather just have broccoli on the side, as opposed to being baked in.