Friday, May 14, 2010

Ssssss - Snake!


I'm kind of proud of this one (to tell the truth lol!), it came out great and Nathan is LOVING it.  He's been playing with it ever since I told him the glue was dry!!

This craft is super cute, but it be honest it is a little time consuming and requires adult help with some of it.   You will need empty toilet paper or paper towel rolls, green and black paint, red ribbon or scrap of red paper (for the tongue), 2 wiggly eyes, glue, paper clips and string.


Start by cutting the empty toilet paper or paper towel rolls into sections.  We made six. 


Then paint the sections green (you can paint the insides too - we didn't). 




Next, using black paint, paint a design or stripe on the green paint. 


When the paint is dry, using a hole punch, make holes on both ends of the tube.  Take the paper clips and clip the tubes together on both sides (leaving some slack for the snake to wiggle around).




Glue on the wiggly eyes and tongue


Attach a string to the inside to make a cute pull toy. 



We used the time while the paint dried to practice writing the letter S.



And yes, my table is now free of green paint Hahaha! That poor table has taken so much abuse from my kids!

15 comments:

Carrie said...

That is so sweet!!! I'll have to try this!

Aimee said...

OMGOSH....from the little pic I thought it was REAL! Super cute!

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

That is just too cute for words! With all the rainy weather we are having we may have to give this go!

Remodelaholic said...

Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a party every Friday to show off your stuff! And Sunday for Recipes links.

Actuary Mom said...

Really cute! I wish I had the patience to complete that complicated of a craft.

Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest!

julie said...

What a cute craft project! I know my four year old, especially, would love to try this one. Thanks for a great craft idea and thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

My Mercurial Nature said...

How fun is that?! Have I mentioned how much I love your crafts? (left an award for you on my blog, btw)

Unknown said...

Happy Friday Follow ... on Saturday! I'm your newest following friend. I'd love for you to drop by my blog sometime & return the favor. I'd love for you to enter my giveaways too - Ladybug/ Bumblebee Hair Clips & Tutu (ends TONIGHT 5/15 @ Midnight) and giggle Guide to Baby Gear book (ends TOMORROW 5/16 @ Midnight) - low entries. Quick links for each can be found in the top right sidebar of my blog. Hope you're looking forward to a great weekend!

http://savingsandstewardship.net

Angelica said...

Looks very cool!

The Bama Gardener said...

Super adorable! I love it!

Natalie said...

Cute idea! My toddler would love to paint and we might just have to try this!
Swinging by from SITS to say hello :)

LoveMeDaily said...

My daughter would love this! I was saving rolls in our cupboard, she found them, went through our craft book, found a craft for them, and now we have a castle out of toilet paper rolls. I love this idea. I was just thinking this morning of how I could further pound recycling into my kids heads. :)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

wow. if i was as good of a mom as you, then...i don't know what. i be pretty awesome.

u rock and ur totally a cutie!! love the header :)

sits.

Sheila said...

So cute and it looks very easy! Thanks for the idea.

Carrie said...

that's a great craft! I know my older girl would like it...but the younger girl would probably destroy it so I will have to wait a bit before creating one :)

Visiting from SITS