Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rr is for Rooster



I've been doing tons of research looking for fun craft ideas, themes and things for our Alphabet days.  Nathan is getting lots of practice with his letter writing.  And he's having tons of fun making crafts (I am too).
I found this template at dltk-kids.com.  It was in the craft section.  I printed out the black and white version (I usually try to print the b&w version of most of the projects we do, gives him extra to color).  Then, I used the pattern to cut out a more colorful version of the craft.  We took black paper as a backdrop and glued all the pieces of the Rooster to the paper.  It came out great.




We made two crafts today, because neither one took very long.





Letter Writing



And Tracing (found this little gem on kidzone.ws).  So this rooster has some transgender issues and can lay eggs lol - Nathan didn't know the difference to him it was a rooster, I didn't tell him otherwise.





Linking up to Friendly Friday....



Check out Thanks, Mail Carrier, The Frugal Novice, and Healthy Home Blog to join the link up!

4 comments:

Kyrstin said...

Very Cute Roosters! We have made the puppet rooster - my kids loved playing with them.

Xenia said...

What cute Rr ideas!

Thanks so much for joining us for Friendly Friday! Have a great weekend! :)

Unknown said...

Such a cute blog and lovely family! Oh and Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest :)

Julia said...

I just think that puzzle-like rooster is such a fun idea in so many ways. Thanks for the link to that neat site. Im on my way to check it out.

Visiting from SITS