Wednesday, April 18, 2012

the birthday girl


Nathan made me a crown for my party

and I wore it the whole time Ha!


I wasn't the only one who turned 40

For those that don't know....I have a twin brother.


the last time we celebrated a birthday together, I think we were 22.

I dropped by his workplace with a couple of cupcakes and candles.

I love my brother.


Amanda called and said "Mom, don't cook dinner, because I'm making pizza and we're having a party for you."

She made pizza (psst, she made the crust and said Mom, can you help me with this..I walked into the kitchen to a blob of dough on the pan hahaha....)


and a cake (she baked the cake and said Hey Mom, can you help me with the frosting....heheh)

made me laugh!


and yeah, there were 40 stinkin' candles on that cake!

Anthony decorated with streamers and balloons




Oh My....that's ALOT of candles!!!


Need a big breath to blow all those bad boys out


Yeahhhh baby...I got 'em ALL!


Nathan made me a card


he gave me 6 pennies too :)


thanks baby boy


Nicholas gave me 4 quarters (a big sacrifice on his part, he's trying to collect them)
Aren't kids funny with homemade presents?

LOL!


Ahhhh.....let's go shopping!


My bunch of love bugs!


I had such an awesome weekend....

party with my family

shopping at the kitchen store

and a spa day courtsey of Amanda

a facial...a manicure...a pedicure...lunch

Oh and I started living my adventures of the next 40 years - I got my first eyebrow wax.

I know, that's probably not such a big adventure to most people, but to me....well, I've avoided it because I didn't want to go through the pain.

It wasn't so bad afterall...like ripping off a bandaid.

My eyebrows are happy that I went through with it and didn't chicken out again.

My face is soft and smooth, my toes are pink and pretty and my nails are french and happy :)

Such a great start to my next 40 years!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday!

Felicia said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration. Happy Birthday to you and to your brother and here is to your next 40 years.

Emmy said...

I have never had my eyebrows waxed either as yea kind of worried about it too. Maybe when I turn 40 in 8 1/2 more years. :)

I am so glad you had a great birthday. Love the presents your kids gave you, so sweet

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Such a fun way to look at your weekend, as kicking off your next 40 years! The spa day sounds like the way to go! ;)

And I love that you were able to see your brother for a few minutes, too. :)

Lisa E. said...

Hi Charlene! Happy Birthday & Welcome to the 40 Club (I turned 40 in October). I'm stopping by from the UBP12 and have added you via Google Connect, followed you by Pinterest and added your badge to my badge exchange page on my blog. Feel free to follow me at any of the locations below:

http://allaroundthecircle.blogspot.com/2012/04/welcome-ultimate-blog-party-hoppers.html
https://www.facebook.com/groups/craftwithkids/
http://pinterest.com/craftwithkids/
https://twitter.com/#!/CraftWithKids

Kelly Stilwell said...

Happy 40th! I joined the 50's club. Yikes! Really? Where did the time go?
And I have a 12 year old. Keeps me young!

Unknown said...

Your spa day sounds heavenly! What a wonderful birthday!

Unknown said...

Your spa day sounds heavenly! What a wonderful birthday!