Friday, April 13, 2012

~~party at my house~~

Not only is it MY very special 40th birthday!!!!!

(One of my little stinkers wrote on the calendar!!)

**********
But, it's also the kick off of the 2012 Ultimate Blog Party, brought to you by 5 Minutes for Mom!



If this is your first time to my little world...let me introduce myself.


I'm Charlene, wife, mother of 6 and blog author.

Yes, that says mother of 6!!


My husband and I have been married for almost 20 years and we have 6 beautiful children...Amanda, 19; Anthony, 18; twins Sarah and Zachary, 14; Nicholas, 10 and Nathan, 6. 


 
I'm a stay at home mom, but I'm planning on going back to school this fall and getting a degree in elementary education/early childhood development (I'm super excited about this opportunity).

As a wife (for over 19 years) and mom of six...I can say that my life is like one big adventure.
I first started blogging in 2006, when my youngest was almost a year old.  I decided I needed a place to put my thoughts and keep my memories, a place that my children can look at and read about their childhood.  Memories are fleeting as they say, so it's nice to have it all written down somewhere, even if it's written in a place for the whole wide world to read as well.
My blog is mostly about my life as a mom of a big family.  I love crafting, sewing, cooking, baking, thrift shopping, gardening/canning and hanging out with my family.  My heart is happiest when I'm home with my family.


Some fun things you will find on my blog are a kids activity link party called Hey Mom, Look What I Did....featuring children's arts and craft activities.    I love to read about other moms that blog, so I have a Moms That Blog (the interviews) series where I interview some of my favorite mom bloggers.

  I love crafting and also doing projects with my kids (you can find lots of kids projects on my pages Arts and Crafts for Kids and Kids Books and Themes)

My kids love the little arts and craft projects that we do, like


Nathan's Toilet Paper Snake



I also love getting ideas for crafts using children's books like the wall whale art that Nathan enjoyed.



Rainbow Octopus


I love cooking, baking and sharing my recipes.
Like this one for my cabbage rolls


And I LOVE decorating cupcakes....so much so that I have hundreds of sprinkles, cupcake liners and other fun baking decors. 
  


My latest love is sewing....I'm a beginner seamtress (can I call myself that??) and love perusing Joann Fabrics. I love walking through the aisles of fabric and touching them, I love the rows of ribbon and pompoms, the baking supplies, etc.

I recently started an Etsy shop selling my womens and childrens aprons.




I also love making pillows and buntings...and will probably add these items to my shop eventually.



I love making wreaths and decorating our house with all the fun stuff that I find thrifting or making with my own two hands.

(rainbow rag wreath that I made)


(my childrens art gallery and bunting that I made)


I love trying new things.  I have sort of an addictive personality when it comes to my hobbies, which is why my cabinets are crammed full of baking supplies.  My closet is jammed with art supplies and my sewing basket is so full of thread and bobbins that I can hardly close the lid.

Mostly, I just love being with my family and going on little adventures with them.



For more about me and my family come check out my about us page

Hang out with me on twitter or  facebook, I love chatting with friends!!


Hope you enjoy your week of big party adventures and stick around and keep on reading mine :)

13 comments:

Felicia said...

Hi! Happy birhtday! Wow 6 kids, that is handful but I know each one is a blessing.

Found you via the #UBP12! Can't wait to see more of your blog.

SandeeNC said...

Great family pictures and I am loving the crafting, a family that crafts together....gets messy! HA! I just came over from UBP12 and visited your Pinterest board ( found a few pins there to follow! ) and would like to invite you to participate in Project Pinterest on April 19th where everyone that creates something from a pin that has inspired them can share. Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Annie said...

Happy Birthday!! How exciting!

You are so incredibly blessed my friend! WOW! And, you are talented too. I wish I had half your crafty skills :)

momFITtingitallin said...

WOW incredible. Just came over from UBP. You have a new follower! Check mine out too!

http://momfittingitallin.blogspot.com/

Blissful & Domestic said...

Happy Birthday!!! Cracks me up about the calender

Unknown said...

40 was my best birthday! I talked with JDaniel3 for the first time on the phone on my 40th birthday!

I hope you have a had a wonderful birthday!

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

Stopping by from UBP! Glad to "meet" you. I'm following your blog. Looks like you have some fun ideas that I'm going to try with my daughters!

I blog at http://embracingdestiny.blogspot.com

Happy birthday!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Your busy family looks fun.

I am popping over from UBP to say hi. Hope your enjoying party week.

Fondly,
Glenda

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

I'm exhausted just thinking about how busy you are! WOW... how do you do all of that? I stand in awe. I have two little girls and I can't keep up with them.

Thank you for sharing your birthday with the UBP!

And I love your aprons... so sweet.

Unknown said...

HAppy Birthday!!

Deceptively Educational said...

Happy birthday, Charlene! Thanks for keeping such a great blog and being such an inspiration as a mom! Good luck to you on heading back to school. I think that's awesome!!

Christine said...

I've enjoyed looking through your site! It looks like you and your family have so much fun together! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new GFC follower.

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

Happy Birthday Charlene! I just turned the big 40 last month so I feel you. I hope you are having a fun time partying! Party on!