Monday, April 16, 2012

Clothes Pin Bag

I made this yesterday.....


Please don't ask me how I did this, because I have No idea....LOL!

I started out with every intention of doing a tutorial

taking step by step pics and all.

But, I got so sidetracked and distracted by my kids that I honestly can't even begin to tell you what I did.

Well, maybe I can try to explain some of it....

I started out with two coordinating fabric scraps (I suppose you could use fat quarters for this and use an adult hanger, mine is a child's size hanger).


I sewed them right side together on three sides leaving about 4-5 inches from the top


clip the corners and turn in inside out.


Here is where I lost track and just well.....lost it hahaha.

Basically, I took the other fabric and made some flaps and threaded some ribbon through the flaps.


I originally had the hanger on the outside and tied the bag to the hanger, but I didn't like it.

I ended up having Anthony break the bottom of the hanger and I threaded it through the back flap....but if I do this again, I would sew the fabric around the hanger.


I think it came out great....I only wish I would have done this while the kids were in school.

I have such a hard time sewing when they are around.

Am I the only one who has that problem?


3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Not me. I get SOOOO much done when the kids are here it's unbelievable. They are never right up in the mix, or asking me questions, or fighting in the other room or being too quiet in the other room . ;) Looks good though.

Emmy said...

So awesome! I wish I could just sew things like that

Jill said...

Very cute little peg bag! I still have one my mum made for my granny decades ago!!




Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/