Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Chocolate Cranberry Cookies by Mom On Timeout



Hi everyone!  My name is Trish and I blog over at Mom On Timeout.  I'm so happy to be here today!  This is my first guest post so I hope I get this right :)  I love the holidays because I get to enjoy even more baking than usual.  It is just a delight to make cookies and candies for friends and family and to package the goodies up super cute.  So much fun!

Today I'm sharing my Chocolate Cranberry Cookies recipe with you all.  This recipe is truly delightful.  Fresh cranberries and chocolate combine for a delicious and refreshing cookie.  It's really perfect for the holidays!  My boys actually prefer the cookie without the chocolate (go figure!) so if you want to stop there - feel free :)

Ingredients:

1/2 c shortening

1/2 c butter

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 c flour

2 c chopped fresh cranberries

1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 Tbls shortening



Directions:




First we get started by creaming together the shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Then beat in the vanilla and egg.

Combine baking powder, salt, and flour and gradually add to the creamed mixture.  Mix until well combined.













Chop up 2 cups of fresh cranberries (I used a food processor).  Blot the cranberries with a paper towel to absorb up any extra moisture.  Add them to the dough and stir in.
















Drop the dough (about 2 teaspoons each) onto a baking sheet.  Let freeze for an hour.   Place cookies 2 inches on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.    Bake for 14-16 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned.  Let cool on wire racks.













Melt chocolate chips and 1 Tbls shortening in a microwave safe container.  Cook at half power in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.  Dip the cookies in chocolate or drizzle over the top.







I hope you enjoy this recipe and come visit me over at Mom On Timeout!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Now these look super yummy!!


Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/