Sunday, December 04, 2011

Hey Mom, Look What I Did (#9)


Welcome to the 9th week of Hey Mom, Look What I Did



Adventures In Mommy Land

 
I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling to get everything done for the holidays.  I haven't done a single thing as of yet.  I've been so busy working and trying to keep up with things around the house, between all the kids activities and running all over the place.  I'm SO not ready for Christmas!!
 
That being said, I didn't even have to time do a craft with the boys this week, much to their dismay.
 
I bounced back and forth between even posting a Hey Mom, Look What I Did linky this week, especially since I'm hosting a week's worth of guest posters and their delicious Christmas cookie recipes.
 
But, I decided to keep it going despite my lack of an official craft.  Everyone seems to love checking out other's crafts and activities just as much as I do, and I'd hate to disappoint anyone.
 
So, I decided to recycle an oldie (circa 2009)
 
Nathan's Handprint Christmas Tree
 
 
(aw, lookie how little my baby was - wahhh!)
 
 
You will need construction paper, glue, poster board and some glittery ribbon.
 
Trace your child's hand onto green construction paper and cut lots and lots of handprints.
 
 
Glue the handprints to the poster board (shaped like a triangle)/
 


Using various colors of paper, make some ornaments and a star. Also cut a small rectangle using brown paper for the bottom of the tree.


Glue the "ornaments" and the "garland" to the tree, add a star at the top.


(So Cute, huh?)

Did you do something fun with your kids this week?

Go ahead and make me feel like a total slacker....and share your kids activities, art projects, crafts or baking fun to the linky.  Grab the link button and put it on your blog, if you like, so that others can share in the fun too.


Thanks for joining us....Hope to see you again soon!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your handprint tree! It turned out soooo cute!

Jackie Higgins said...

What a great craft! It's fun to see your little Nathan when he was so little. He's still cute, though :)

Jenny said...

This is adorable! And so is your son!

Thanks for the early morning smile.