Saturday, December 03, 2011

Drama & Dresses


Sarah was asked to go to the junior high's version of the prom this Friday night.

the dance is for 7th, 8th and 9th graders.

Before anyone asks, Zachary chose not to participate.

Amanda took Sarah one day and they went shopping for dresses.  It was a beautiful dress.

Her shoes were black and glittery....yes, glittery {{ahhhhh}}


Amanda really wanted to come home and help Sarah get ready for the dance.

You know what they say about the best intentions?

Yeah, it was that kind of day.

Amanda was late getting out of her class

The PRT was broken down.

The bus was late and crowded.

Traffic was horrendous.

Sarah was home freaking out.

drama, drama, drama

hormones, hormones, hormones.

Amanda finished Sarah's hair and make up, but not before Sarah started crying because she was worried about being late (which she sort of was, but not by much).


Princess Tomboy with her date

Pretty dress

Pretty updo

Pretty pearl seed necklace (mine and I told her not to lose it, Ha)

Pretty flowers

and.....

Scabby knees

Silly girl


Oh, and I think someone has a future as a ring bearer...

Ummm, hopefully not for a long long time.



*Linking to.....Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday

Jenny Matlock





8 comments:

Emmy said...

Glad she made it to help out. She looks so much older all dressed up like that and a lot like her big sister

Kristy K said...

Aw Char! She looks beautiful!!! And so stinkin' grown up! Tell her to stop that!

Kisma said...

She looks great! I love how she is just that much taller then her date and have a feeling my daughter will have the same issue.

anitamombanita said...

ahhh. teenage drama. gotta love it. she looks very pretty all dolled up for the dance.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oh gosh, I am not looking forward to that drama. My daughter is 4 and already has drama.

Your daughter looks beautiful!

KDL said...

Oh Dear...drama. I get enough of that with my kids as young as they are. Pretty, very grown-up, dress. Hope they had fun.

Jenny said...

Gosh, I have my fingers crossed that my comment will 'take' this time. I had a few comments from other bloggers saying they couldn't leave a comment as well.

Your daughter is beautiful. I know what you mean about teenage drama...it's exhausting.

It'll get better!

Thanks for a delightful link for the letter "D".

A+

Jenny said...

Gosh, I have my fingers crossed that my comment will 'take' this time. I had a few comments from other bloggers saying they couldn't leave a comment as well.

Your daughter is beautiful. I know what you mean about teenage drama...it's exhausting.

It'll get better!

Thanks for a delightful link for the letter "D".

A+