Friday, December 23, 2011

Making Your Own Crayons

The boys loved when I made some Christmas tree crayons for their school gift exchange.

So much so, that they almost wouldn't let me wrap or attach them to the gifts.

Won't they be surprised when they get some of their very own in their stockings on Christmas morning.



I bought a tree silicone pan for a dollar in Target's dollar spot.

and cheapie crayons from the dollar store.

peeled all the paper off the crayons

broke them into smaller pieces 

Cranked the oven to 250* 

melted the crayons for about 10-15 mins.

cooled them over night

and popped them out of the mold in the morning.


Cute and Cheap!

Sure you could buy a box of crayons and save yourself the trouble of making them.....

but where's the fun in that?

This month has been so much fun!!

I have really enjoyed the guest bloggers and their posts.

The giveaways were awesome.

I would totally love doing this again sometime.

Extra, extra special thank you to all my bloggy mommy friends who took time out of their busy holiday schedules and shared their crafty goodness with all of us...either through baking cookies or sharing crafts.  

Also thank you to everyone who participated in the giveaways! Your prizes will be coming soon (if you haven't already received them).  Extra thank you to the companies that sponsored the giveaways!

Super duper thanks to my awesome cohosts...Danielle, who coordinated the whole event, including the pajama contest.  
Michelle, who designed the buttons.
Rachel, who hosted a fun ugly sweater party and Jill, who coordinated the carnival linky. 

I totally enjoyed myself and I hope they did as well!

Speaking of the pajama contest......

The winner has been chosen!!









Hello Lovelies! Well it is time to announce the winner of The Pajama-Rama contest! I am so excited. It was hard to decided. All my lovely co-hosts and I looked through all the PJ entries and let me just tell you there are some very cutely dressed families out there, all ready for Christmas. I love all the ideas shared. Our absolutely favorite though was from The Craftingfiend.

Photobucket




Jen made an adorable nightie for her little Miss with a matching bear! 

How cute is that!





Check out her blog she has a great tutorial on how she made this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We fell in love with the colors and the stuffee to go with!!

Thanks so much for all who entered. I have enjoyed this month of Christmas fun and thanks so much for all of you getting involved. You guys rock!!

From all my co-hosts we want to thank you for sharing and inspiring this month. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

P.S.
 Jen we will be emailing you, so you can receive all your goodies!




 
     





Have a Very Merry Merry Special Christmas my friends!!!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Merry Christmas to you too Charlene! Hope you had a fabulous day and that Santa was good to you all! Love the tree crayons!

Thanks for sharing Homemade in December with us!
Wishing you all the best for 2012!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

LOVE the crayons!! Every time I visit your blog, I always get inspired to make something!

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas and I wish you a very Happy New Year!