Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ribbon Christmas Trees by Delicate Construction

Hello Adventures in Mommy-Land Readers!! My name is Michelle and I blog over at Delicate Construction!! I am a 27 year old wife to a wonderful hubby, mommy to a spunky almost 2 year old and caregiver for an awesome young gentlemen with Autism who lives with us. This is my favorite time of year it has only gotten better with all the fun surrounding Homemade in December!!

So you can guess how excited I was when one of my fabulous co-hosts, Charlene, asked me to share a post about a dollar store craft! Some of you may not know me yet but I am super cheap frugal and the dollar store is one of my favorite places to grab materials and inspiration. After a stroll through the store one day, I ended up grabbing the materials for this little beauty...


Seriously, could not be easier! 

Here is what you need:

Stryofoam cone
Ribbon, any kind, mine just happens to be shear
Hot glue and gun (always always always buy your hot glue from the dollar store, maybe the biggest value!)
A bow for the top, I just had this on hand but you could either buy one at the dollar store or get the ribbon and make one. 
Scissors

This is one of those 1,2,3 repeat.... about a thousand times types of projects, but that just means it is incredibly easy to do! 

First you cut your ribbon to four inch pieces (or whatever length you want), fold and then hot glue onto your styrofoam cone.


Go all the way around until the first layer is done.

Then go up about an inch and a half or so and do your second row.

Then the third.

And the fourth.

And after the fifth you glue a piece of ribbon around the top and then add your bow! Done!!

 How cute would it be to have a bunch of these in different sizes and colors all over a mantle or side table?!

Thanks so much for having me today Charlene!!

I would love for you to come by and visit me at Delicate Construction and if you become a new follower, make sure you leave a comment and let me know so I can follow you back!!

Thanks so much!!
 

5 comments:

Jackie Higgins said...

So cute! I love this theme of dollar tree crafts. My husband always says, "you were born frugal." :)

Unknown said...

That is so pretty! What a fun idea!

Kisma said...

LOVE IT.... and it just so happens I will be at the craft store today!

Emmy said...

That is so so cute! Totally going to pin this.

Umjchan said...

solar panelsMLS Mississauga
hi