Hello there. I am Jamie from Jamie Cooks It Up! I'm happy to be here today to share one of my all time favorite cookie recipes with you. Home baked cookies just seem to brighten up the day, wouldn't you agree?
I think in my previous life I may have been a furry-blue Sesame Street character.
I'm talking about the one that can only say a couple of words and always refers to himself as "Me want...."
The one who goes berserk every time he hears the word
I don't think there is anything this side of Saturn that tastes better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven. These White Chocolate Coconut Cookies are fabulous! If Cookie Monster were to taste them he just may give up his Chocolate Chip regulars, folks.
He just might.
Maybe the sophistication of White Chocolate would help his vocabulary increase! You never know.....white chocolate can
do strange things to a person.
Or a monster.
Or a person who might have been a furry-blue monster in a previous life, but still has
on the mind a good deal of the time.
White Chocolate-Coconut Cookies
Yield: about 30 cookies
Time: 1 hour
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C brown sugar
1 T milk
1 t vanilla
1 3/4 C flour
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 C white chocolate chips
1/2 C coconut, chopped up
1. In a Kitchen Aid mixer or in a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Let it mix for about 3 minutes.
2. Add your egg, milk and vanilla and mix for 2 more minutes.
3. In a separate small mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar and mix for 1 minute.
5. Pour in your white chocolate chips and coconut. Mix just until combined.
6. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Press the balls down just a bit and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. The real key to making heavenly cookies, is baking them well. You don't want to over bake, folks. Crispy cookies are not nearly as wonderful as chewy ones! Watch the cookies. When they start to crack, and are just slightly golden around the edges take them out of the oven. I have a convection oven and so I cooke them at 325 for 7 minutes. Let them continue to cook on the hot cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing Jamie....for more great cookie and other yummy recipes, please visit Jamie's blog....Jamie Cooks It Up!
Also, I'd like to invite everyone to share their favorite cookie recipes on the Cookie Recipe Exchange Link Party