Monday, December 05, 2011

Mexican Wedding Cookies from Add a Pinch

Welcome to Christmas Cookie Week of the Homemade in December party!!!

I'm so excited it's finally here!

I have some fabulous guest bloggers lined up with some super yummy cookie recipes. 

My first guest is Robyn of Add a Pinch.

I totally love Robyn's blog and have been reading it for some time now.

Her recipes are always easy to follow and the pictures are drool worthy.

Take it away, Robyn.....

******************

I'm so excited to be participating in Charlene's Cookie Week!

Cookie Week! Doesn't that have a mighty delicious sound to it?

Now, that's a week I can definitely get into celebrating!

I'm honored Charlene asked me to share one of my family's favorite cookie recipes with you this week.





One of our favorite cookies around Christmas has always been these delicious bites of confection covered in powdered sugar.

My mother always made them for parties, showers, and when family and friends visited during the holidays.

I love to continue the tradition of making these simple little cookies with my family.

Mexican Wedding Cookies Recipe from Add a Pinch

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar (plus more for rolling baked cookies)
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer.
Add flour, pecans and vanilla.
Mix until well-combined.
Scoop teaspoon of dough and roll between your palms to form a ball.
Place on parchment lined baking pan.
Bake between 35-40 minutes, until lightly golden.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Roll in confectioner's sugar.

I'll warn you, these cookies are highly addictive and it is so hard to eat just one.

But, you can't sneak them with all that powdered sugar!

Not that I've tried or anything like that. {ahem}

Give these delicious cookies a try this Christmas. I have a feeling they'll become one of your family's favorites, too.

Merry Christmas!

************************

For more delicious recipes, please visit Robyn's blog  Add a Pinch.



3 comments:

Kisma said...

YEA! I love these but never knew how to make them thus resulting in buying large amounts from the store.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to the weeks sugary goodness.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I make these cookies every year, too...so easy, and so, so good! That's a great point about not being able to sneak them with all the powdered sugar, though. Maybe if I tried to eat them in the snow, for camouflage??? ;)

Helene said...

Yum, those look delicious!!! And I love that the recipe is simple and easy to follow.