Friday, February 15, 2008

Amanda's Birthday

Today was Amanda's 15th birthday! I'm feeling really old. I was thinking today, that when Amanda is a senior in high school, Nathan will start kindergarten. Kind of funny when you think about it.

I hardly ever punish her for anything. Because she is basically a pretty good kid. There are times when she drives me absolutely bonkers, but most of the time, she is very helpful, considerate and fun.

Today, was on of those bad days. She wanted to take pictures of herself for her MySpace page. All she had to do was ask me. But what she ended up doing made me rather mad. It made me mad, not because she took pictures of herself, but she went into my room and got into my dresser drawer where I kept the camera. If she would have asked I would have told her it was fine. But the fact that she went in my room and rifled through my stuff, pissed me off. I know it's a stupid, petty thing, but it's not the first time she did it.

So what ended up happening? She apologized and I dropped it. I always drop it. It makes Rich mad that I let them get away with everything. Maybe if I had done something the last time she did it, she wouldn't have done it this time? I don't know. I guess I'm too much of a softie.

Anyway, she's 15 and I'm feeling like an old mean hag today! Nice day, huh?!

2 comments:

TxGambit said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda!!!!

Yes, I am a bit of a softie too. If they apologize, I accept that and move on. Not sure if it is the best way to handle it, but hey so far it has gone okay....

~B. said...

I don't think you're too much of a softie at all. :)