Saturday, February 23, 2008

what to do, what to do

I've complained about my mother before. I'm so glad she doesn't read this, she'd probably get mad or upset, but I need somewhere to bounce stuff off of and this seems to be the place. At any rate, Amanda is in the drama club at school (I know - perfect fit, huh?). They are getting ready to put on a production. It is at the end of the month, beginning of next month. Amanda loves her grandmother, and since she's close enough she invited her to come and watch her in this play. My mother said that since her husband, Dave has an appointment in Pittsburgh (which is a little more than halfway between her town and ours), one day close to the play that she and Dave would like to come and watch Amanda.

In the past, they have stayed at other relatives, my sister or brothers and a few times in a hotel. But this time, they would like to stay here, with us. Rich isn't exactly thrilled with this, because he doesn't like my mom. Mainly because she treated me so badly and because she called him an asshole once, in front of the kids (this was about 6 years or so ago). I told my mom that our house was trashed and that we needed to replace the carpet, and we didn't really have that much space, etc. But she is still interested in staying here. So I told Rich tonight and he said he would consider it. I don't want there to be any tension, while they are here. But to tell the truth, I think I might like having my mom come. Just because I kind of miss her. I mean, she doesn't get to come here very often. But then again, she has proven time and again, that she doesn't want to visit with us for very long. She basically uses my house as a pit stop while she's in the area.

Now maybe she's trying to change that, I don't know. So I'm feeling weird, by the whole thing. I don't know what to do. Like I said, I kind of want her to stay, just because I think it would be nice to have a little company. The kids don't get to see her that often, and I think they might enjoy it. Plus, it might help Nicholas and Nathan get to know her. The last few times she was here, they ran the other way. They just don't know her very well. It's almost like a stranger situation. And in a way, I'd rather they spend the night in a hotel room. Because, I don't feel comfortable having people over when our carpet is all messed up (Note to self: if you ever have to buy another house, do not buy anything with light colored carpet!). I'm just conflicted over the whole ordeal. I mean, I don't really have a choice, because they are coming here, but still... I don't know!

1 comment:

~B. said...

Nothing easy about that situation, for sure. But it's definitely something that I know you can handle. {{hug}}